Nature truly is a wonderful thing, how our bodies change and grow when we carry a baby growing inside us is wondrous and amazing. What better way to celebrate the changes and transformation than to have some beautiful bespoke portraits of your baby bump.
Studio or outside the choice is yours...
You might like the idea of treating yourself and having your hair and make-up professionally styled and posing with your partner at my studio, generally I choose to use greys or creams as backgrounds or sometimes I will use black as a back drop this works well if the image is going to be black and white. For those of you who love the idea of some pictures taken against a natural backdrop of woodland or beach I can meet you at one of our beautiful rural spots in Essex, either on the coast or in a wood near to where you live.
Paper print bundle
A maternity photoshoot which includes 10 (archival quality) paper prints.
Digital images bundle
A studio or outdoors maternity photoshoot which includes 10 digital downloads (jpegs).
Prints & digital bundle
For the perfect keepsake all inclusive 10 paper prints and 10 digital downloads (jpegs) package.
Professional hair & make-up styling before your photo shoot
To make your experience extra special you can book to have your hair and make-up styled with my very experienced highly skilled make-up artist before your baby bump shoot. Our make-up artist is MAC trained and is a professional make-up artist in her own right with years of experience of bridal, boudoir and cat walk make-up, including very natural and muted tones which are perfect for pregnancy bump photography. Allow approx 45 minutes on top of your booked photo shoot session time.
Book your maternity photoshoot outdoors or at the studio
Maternity photography bundles
All the information on maternity photography bundles are listed below, you can compare prices and see from the table what is included in each. You will see bundles vary from including paper prints and digital downloads.
|Paper print bundle||Digital images bundle||Prints & digital bundle|
|Whats in the bundle||10 paper prints (8x6 inch)||10 digital downloads (high resolution jpegs)||10 paper prints & 10 digital downloads (high resolution jpegs & 8x6 inch paper prints)|
|Preparation||Consultation over the phone, email or text||Consultation over the phone, email or text||Consultation over the phone, email or text|
|Price||£175 (Was £199)||£249 (Was £299)||£299 (Was £349)|
|Duration||Approx 1hr||Approx 1.5hrs||Approx 1-2hrs|
|Private online gallery||20-40 low res jpegs to view||20-40 low res jpegs to view||40-80 low res jpegs to view|
|Paper Print||10 paper prints (8x6 inch)||-||10 paper prints (8x6 inch)|
|Digital downloads||-||10 digital downloads (high resolution jpegs)||10 digital downloads (high resolution jpegs)|
|Baby photography offers||-||10% discount off newborn photo shoot||10% discount off newborn photo shoot|
|Option to book hair & make-up artist||Add £50 for make-up/£60 for hair and make-up styling(approx 45 mins)||Add £50 for make-up/£60 for hair and make-up styling(approx 45 mins)||Add £50 for make-up/£60 for hair and make-up styling(approx 45 mins)|
|Framed pictures & canvas||Can be purchased separately||Can be purchased separately||Can be purchased separately|
- Wooden USB stick – add £25
- A photo shoot at the studio in your home or on location in Colchester is included in the price however if you would like to meet at a location outside of Colchester travel - 45p p/mile
- Handmade canvas wall art gift 16×20” canvas - from only £99
- Unique wooden image with wall mount 20×20”- from only £45
When should I book my pregnancy photoshoot?
It is up to you when you would like to book your pregnancy photo shoot, it is best that your bump is showing around 30 – 36 weeks, but use your own judgment. You can choose what style you would like your baby bump photographed. We can discuss the details of your maternity photoshoot before you visit, the most important thing is that you are comfortable and your bump is visible.
What should I wear?
Some women like to show more than others, it's entirely up to you how much you would like to show. Think about the style of your photoshoot, it's very helpful to me if you look online and send over some ideas of the kind of shots you would like. If you book a studio maternity photshoot I find it useful to bring a long a few changes of outfits. I have listed some ideas below:
- Jeans-can be maternity or every day ones, don't worry if they don't do up it can make for a great picture with a bra or crop top.
- Maternity dresses tight or loose, flowing dresses work well in outside shoots on the beach or in a woodland.
- Flowy blouses with a crop top or vest underneath or a plain mans shirt with underwear can work well.
- Think about your underwear, invest in a matching set for your photoshoot, black, dark blue or dark grey always works well against skin for darker low lit shots.
- Bring any props you would like in your pictures like baby shoes, scan pictures etc.
- Please avoid any clothing which has any logo as this is always distracting in the pictures
- If your partner is coming with you please ask them to dress quite plainly so jeans and T shirt or a smart shirt which matches your outfit. Try and co-ordinate your colours but not wear exactly the same colours.
View more frequently asked questions.
Book your photoshoot today!
If you'd like to make a booking, or if you've got a question, please feel free to contact us today. Visit the studio for a chat and a cuppa but please arrange this before hand to make sure I am available when you want to call in.
Use the button below to book a shoot, include as much detail as possible about the types of images you would like - we'll get back to you as soon as possible. We have payment options to suit you, ask about paying by instalments.